Being that earth day was yesterday I feel that climate change should be at the forefront of everyone’s minds. I have heard many stories about climate change and global warming, and you know what I really don’t believe them. Yes, I agree that there are toxins in the air, and that we are destroying the planet but we do have the technology to fix it. The one technology I have heard about was one created by the United States, it was said to be a 50 story “cooling tower”, like on nuclear plants, which pulls the air down into it and runs the air through water filters. Now of course this will result in very toxic waste water, but it can be refined to pull all the useful materials out and apx. 75% of the water. In the end you are left with über toxic sludge that is extremely corrosive. Of course you could send it into the sun, my first thought, but then one must consider the fact that only 9 outta every 10 space shuttles sent up actually make it. The idea of sending stuff into the sun is quite a good idea especially if we could send all of the free floating and useless space parts from the shuttles and countless more obsolete satellites.
Instead of spending all of these billions though we could probably just start recycling more, ridding our bikes and car pooling and trying to shrink our eco footprint. Doing the 100 mile diet is probably one of the better ideas for this because you are not only shrinking the distance your food travels but you increase the local economy and you families nutrition. . There are many ways of helping ourselves and our planet all we have to do is find one we can do all the time and DO IT!!! The key to achieving greatness is to be great!
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment