Friday, May 15, 2009
Creativity!!
Standing there in the middle of the field, it felt like I could see forever. The grass was tall, up to my hips and the wind was light. It pulled the light clean sent of the near by river up to the knoll that was covered by the big open branches of the old oak trees. Leaning against the rough knotted surface of the tree trunk my hair kept getting caught on the little outcrops of the bark. When I looked up the odd big puffy cloud, you know the ones you see the funky shapes in, were just round, globular shapes that slowly passed by in front of the moon. When I leaned back I could just see the moon passed all the leaves that were crowded over head. I stood up, looking up to as close to the top as I could see, and wondered if I climbed it what would I see. As I reined my mind in I started to climb. The first branch was only a foot above my head and as I pulled myself up the roughness of the branches scraped my hands. I climbed and climbed until I thought the branches would no longer hold me and sat down close to the center. As I looked out I could see the small river which was as dark as a ravens wings and wound in and out of the forest, splitting the properties around it like a giant serpent. Looking down, the fields of grain looked like a giant yellowish gray patch quilt that had been pulled up on the surrounding area. Looking out I could see the little squares of light coming from the odd house where the occupants were still awake. The small moving shapes of the animals that were still gazing almost looked like mice, and my own beautiful mare Persephone. Who even though she should look gray was still her brilliant white and butter cream colour. As I stared at her she looked up and snorted at me causing me to snicker and almost loose my balance. But she was almost inaudible over the breeze that had now picked up. I sat there a moment longer to finish absorbing my out look and climbed back down and headed home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment